It’s such a funny thing to observe how we’re such creators of habit. Lately this little darlin’ of mine has been loving watching The Pioneer Women and everyday after she’s done watching recorded episodes, she wants to cook. Well, of course she does, isn’t that how we all feel after watching Ree?
The other afternoon, the older two kids were about to get off the bus so, we whipped up some muffins for them to have as an after school snack. I’ve talked with a lot of my Mom friends lately and I know I’m not the only one who keeps Power Cakes Protein Packed pancake mix in her pantry. I buy mine at Costco and I can’t imagine going back to regular pancake mix.
We’ve made the muffin recipe on the back before and loved it, but this time we made it even BETTER and yes, I’m totally claiming that. It’s WAY good.
What makes it so good? Well, first of all this is a one bowl recipe, with only a few ingredients. Secondly the chocolate banana flavor is completely delicious. Thirdly, I’m completely in love with using Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut oil, instead of regular butter or oil. It’s truly a staple in our cupboard for basically anything that we’d normally use butter or oil for.
This girl….I hope this Pioneer Woman/baking phase lasts a long, long time and I hope she continues to love creating recipes with me.
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw local honey
- 1/3 cup melted Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Fill lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bakes at 350* for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Feel free to add in chocolate chips, grated zucchini, walnuts or chia seeds.
I hope you guys love this recipe! Let me know if you try it and how it goes.