Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles is the perfect healthy dish to make now that tomatoes are back in season! Not only is this dish easy to make, but it is also light and filling. Grilled chicken topped with melted mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato-loaded bruschetta and a tangy, sweet balsamic glaze.
This is delicious served over zoodles (spiralized zucchini), over a salad, or with your favorite pasta!
GRILLED BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
This low-carb and keto-friendly Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles dish comes together in approximately 30 minutes and makes for the perfect stress-free evening in the kitchen. It is light, refreshing and bursting full of Italian flavors. Making it the perfect meal if you’re wanting to eat healthy, but not feel as though you are!
If you like to prep your recipes ahead of time, I do recommend doubling this recipe to have on hand for not only dinner tonight, but for lunch tomorrow! It reheats well, retaining those sweet, tangy bruschetta flavors.
If you’re not a zoodle fan, then I recommend serving it with your favorite side dish: sautéed vegetables, a side salad, or even cauliflower rice.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR GRILLED BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
Full recipe is available via the printable recipe card below. Scroll down! 🙂
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, fresh basil, minced garlic
- Fresh, firm tomatoes (easy to slice and full of flavor)
- Red onion
- Mozzarella cheese (fresh ball of mozzarella is best)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnishment – if preferred)
- Balsamic glaze
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
One of the best parts about this dish is how incredibly easy it is to make. Especially for how flavor-packed it is. Everything comes together on the stove in 30 minutes or less without much fuss or clean up.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, then I highly recommend a Caphalon Select Grill Pan. It gives you grill-like taste, straight from your stove top. Easy to use, no-stick, and easy to clean.
No, you don’t have to cook the chicken on an outdoor or indoor grill. You can also cook the chicken in a pre-seasoned cast iron skillet. A cast iron skillet will also help to achieve the best flavors in this dish. Don’t forget a spiralizer to make the zoodles!
I have had this spiralizer for many years now and absolutely love it.
Now, onto how to make this Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles recipe:
- I recommend using thinly sliced chicken breast or simply make sure that your chicken breasts are of similar thickness for even cooking. Larger breasts will take longer to cook, not be as flavorful, and possibly not cook evenly. If you have thickly cut breasts, I suggest that you butterfly each breast into even thickness.
- Combine chicken breasts with the marinade into a large bowl or large Ziploc bag. Toss to thoroughly coat each breast. Allow to marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- While your chicken is marinating, combine all ingredients together for the bruschetta and spiralize the zucchini squash into zoodles (zucchini noodles).
- Place the grill pan (or skillet) over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the chicken breasts. After one side has cooked for 3-4 minutes, flip and grill/sear on the opposite side. Top the cooked side with freshly sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Grill/sear until thoroughly cooked reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place a large, nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and saute the zoodles for 2-3 minutes, or until they are just beginning to soften.
Do not overcook the zoodles. The longer zucchini cooks, the more water is released and the softer the zoodles will be. Essentially leaving you with soggy zoodles.
- Return the chicken to the same pan with the zoodles to re-warm. Garnish each chicken breast with the bruschetta topping, as well as freshly shaved parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
If you’re not a fan of zucchini noodles/zoodles, then serve this with your favorite pasta, over toasted bread, with cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, or with a side salad!
I will say, adding the leftovers from the Bruschetta Chicken portion over the top of a salad made for one flavor-packed and healthy meal. You can warm the chicken or serve it cold over the salad.
If you are interested in meal prepping this Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles dish, please keep a few things in mind:
- Zoodles: The longer they cook, the more water will be released and the softer they get. If meal prepping, I recommend cooking for 1 minute less then you would if cooking to eat immediately. Remove from heat and divide among 4 meal prep containers, such as these glass food storage containers . I recommend taking an extra paper towel or two to absorb any excess water, if you don’t prefer it in your dish.
- Eat dishes within 2-3 days for optimal freshness/flavor.
- You can cook this dish either on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill using the same directions for an indoor grill pan listed in the recipe card below. Just be sure to wipe the grill grates with oil prior to adding the chicken to prevent sticking.
- Gently toss the bruschetta one more time before adding it to the tops of each chicken or to your dish. This will help to incorporate the lemon flavor, as the liquids settle at the bottom of the bowl.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY
- Mexican Street Corn Chicken Tacos
- Date Night Chicken Florentine
- Garlic Parmesan Ricotta Zoodles
- Creamy Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
- Loaded Avocado Caprese Salad with Shrimp