Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This Creamy Mushroom Pasta is seriously addictive! There is something about this luscious creamy pasta that makes me not really care about the calories or carbs and I just can’t stop eating it! Is this a problem? Maybe, but it is so good that I choose to stuff myself today and I’ll have a salad tomorrow. Who’s with me on this train of thought?
This creamy mushroom pasta is also so quick and easy to make, you can have dinner ready in 15 minutes! Even though this is such a simple pasta, it really delivers on flavor. Creamy parmesan garlic sauce and buttery sauteed mushrooms were just meant to be. This pasta dish is quick and easy enough for a delicious vegetarian weeknight dinner, but also fancy enough for date night. Whoever you make this for is going to love you, including yourself!
Want to get a little fancy? I added a little bit of truffle oil to the mix to give it a little extra something special. This is optional, but if you like truffle oil, I highly recommend it! I hope that you all enjoy this pasta as much as we did! Happy cooking!
Note: The printable recipe is located at the end of this post. Please visit The Scoop for my latest posts or you can search or browse my Recipe Index to find more yummy recipes.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta Ingredients:
- pasta – I used organic linguini. Fettuccine or spaghetti would also work well.
- mushrooms – I used organic sliced mini bella mushrooms. You can use any fresh mushrooms that you would like. Shiitake and cremini are wonderful and have more flavor, but you could also use white mushrooms or button mushrooms, take your pick.
- garlic – chopped or minced.
- olive oil
- heavy cream
- parmesan cheese – Finely grated. It is what I use to thicken the sauce so you want it powdery like flour.
- unsalted butter
- white wine – I used Sauvignon Blanc.
- salt and pepper – I used a little kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to season the mushrooms.
- truffle oil – White or black truffle oil are both fabulous! You only need a little to add lots of flavor!
- extra parmesan for garnish
How to make Creamy Mushroom Pasta:
While you are making the mushrooms and sauce, boil your pasta according to the package instructions and drain when finished. Note: Make sure you add salt to your pasta water. Lightly season the sliced mushrooms with salt and pepper.
In a large saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, melt in 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the seasoned sliced mushrooms to the pan and saute for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden. Transfer the sauteed mushrooms to a plate or a bowl and set aside. Tent with foil to keep warm.
Use the same pan to make the sauce, do not wipe it down. Add the wine to the pan to deglaze it, and simmer for about 1 minute. Add the last 2 tablespoons of butter and minced garlic to the pan. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter is completely melted and garlic is fragrant, whisk to combine.
Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer and keep at a simmer for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low then add the parmesan cheese to the pan and whisk quickly to combine, just heating through. Stir in the cooked pasta and sauteed mushrooms. Optional: Drizzle with a little truffle oil if you would like. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with extra cheese if you would like. Serve hot and enjoy!
Need more creamy pasta recipes?
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Diavolo Pasta
- Pumpkin Fettucine Alfredo
- Creamy Sage Turkey Pasta and Peas
- Creamy Italian Ravioli
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @thesumofyum on Instagram